I have heard lately a lot of talk about seo being dead. Well okay, whatever you say. I don’t buy it. I have 5 specific things that I do to optimize a blog post for seo and for me, it pays off dearly.
I am not discounting social media and paid advertising, but if I can optimize a blog post for seo and I manage to get even 30% organic searches I have accomplished something. If my site gets 1000 visits a day, that’s 300 hits that I may not have if I paid no attention to seo. I have had sites that get 80% or higher organic traffic.
1. My keyword is always in my title, in the front of my title if possible.
2. Keyword tossed throughout the blog post, always at least in first paragraph and last paragraph. I also may reword the keyword throughout the post for a more natural flow and add those different wordings of it as tags.
3. Optimize my images. I save them titled as the keyword and I also use the add my main focus keyword in the alt tag when I load images into blog posts.
Short one 1.27 minute video demo below if needed.
4. Edit/optimize my url to match my keyword
- Click on edit and the complete post slug will appear
- Change that slug into what you want and then Click on OK button.
- Also you can get the short URL by clicking on Get Shortlink button.
- Pop up window will open, add new short URL there and click okay.
5. Link the current post I am writing to other relevant blog posts on my site. I also go back into older blog post that may be relevant to the current one and edit to link it to the current one. This tells Google that your site is relevant and can help establish it as an authoritative site.
Note the two links in this post above. One hyperlink above is on the words optimize url and it links back to a previous blog post about how to do this. The other is authoritative site and it links back to a post about building an authoritative site.
Pajama affiliates is a home study course and mastermind group on facebook where you learn many ways to make money online. How to optimize a blog post for seo is just the tip of the iceberg.