You can optimize a url in your wordpress posts by changing the slug. The slug is the part that shows in your address bar after your domain name, behind the backslash. This helps to give you some more juice from the search engines. Often our titles are long and have descriptive words to entice the browser to click on our page. These words often have no relevance in the search engine and you can remove them.
Take the title of this blog post>>> How To Optimize a URL in WordPress SEO Trick. My target keywords are “optimize url in”. That being said, I really don’t need all those extra words. I have a few screenshots below and a video showing you how this works.
How to change post slug?
- Below is the text box where we will write post title, and there is an Edit button.
- Click on edit and the complete post slug will appear
- Change that slug into what you want and then Click on OK button.
- Also you can get the short URL by clicking on Get Shortlink button.
- Pop up window will open, add new short URL there and click okay.